Featuring: Adam Savage | Wil Wheaton | Paul and Storm

w00tstock 2.4: San Diego Comic-Con!

We have heard the voices crying out in the darkness, and we are pleased to announce that w00tstock will indeed be coming to San Diego during Comic-Con! We’ve sent our flying monkeys out to gather the guests, and don’t know yet who they’ll catch, but rest assured that wsSDCC (w00tstock 2.4) will be epic and every bit as squee-worthy as its antecedents.

So mark your calendars for THURSDAY, JULY 22; 4th & B will be hosting the event.

Tickets are on sale NOW! http://bit.ly/w00tstockSD[NOTE: you do NOT need a Comic Con ticket to come to w00tstock!]

And we’re pleased to announce our first volley of guests:

And of course Wil, Adam, and Paul and Storm will all be performing, and there will be a meet and greet after the show.

NOTE: It is a seated show, despite what the seating chart says. If you have a ticket, you WILL have a seat.

AND…although some tickets say the event starts at 6:30 p.m., that is actually the time that doors open. The show itself will begin at 7:30 p.m.

ALSO…the show is 21+. We tried to find an all-ages venue, but no dice this time :(

16 Comments

1. Richard
    Posted June 9, 2010 at 4:41 pm | Permalink

Are you sure you don’t want to use wsSDCC?

2. amy
    Posted June 10, 2010 at 12:02 am | Permalink

You have just made my summer!!!!! Our trip was going to be super awesome anyway, going to Vegas and then Comic-Con – now it will be perfect!! Can’t wait ^_^

3. Becky
    Posted June 10, 2010 at 11:58 am | Permalink

This is so awesome. It’s a shame I won’t be there to help on this one either. Driving to Florida on the 20th. =(

But rock it like you always do!!

<3 you all!

4. Ed
    Posted June 15, 2010 at 12:45 pm | Permalink

Woohooo! Thanks so much for bringing the show to SD, I’ve been wanting to catch it for a while. I’m spreading the word and dragging as many of my friends along as I can! Thanks again!

5. amy
    Posted June 19, 2010 at 1:04 pm | Permalink

I just got my tickets. *squee!* I can’t wait!

6. turff
    Posted June 22, 2010 at 12:50 pm | Permalink

And then they announced w00tstock:DragonCon. Right? …. Right!?!??!!

7. Paul and Storm
    Posted June 22, 2010 at 2:43 pm | Permalink

No dice–we and Wil will both be at PAX.

P&S

8. turff
    Posted June 25, 2010 at 1:20 pm | Permalink

Tanks for the reply. [sadface]

9. turff
    Posted June 25, 2010 at 1:52 pm | Permalink

When you do get around to scheduling Atlanta, take a look at Center Stage. The Ferst Center at Georgia Tech might be a more appropriate venue, but I think its a good deal larger and may not provide the intimacy it looks like other venues have.

10. Leif
    Posted June 26, 2010 at 7:00 pm | Permalink

So bummed that this one is 21+. I’ve been wanting to get to one of these all year long and finally the planets have aligned to put me somewhere within several hundred miles of w00tstock at the right time.

And yet I will still be 2 months shy of my 21st birthday. The bitch of it is I don’t even drink in the first place.

Well… maybe some day.

11. Steve in Atl.
    Posted July 11, 2010 at 8:37 pm | Permalink

Yes! Atlanta! Please!
    P&S owe it to us for missing DragonCon. It seems only fair.

12. Brian
    Posted July 12, 2010 at 1:05 pm | Permalink

Jiminy Christmas! $30 ticket, no problem, but $17 in Ticketmaster fees? Christ in a chariot-driven sidecar!

13. Sonya
    Posted July 17, 2010 at 7:00 pm | Permalink

is there any chance of coming to birmingham, alabama anytime soon? i am trying to get a demand out for it from people, but heck if i have to get everyone in the entire city i will :D want to meet you guys and wil :D

Sonya

14. Jason
    Posted July 23, 2010 at 10:46 am | Permalink

Awesome show, guys! 1 AM! W00T!

Crazy exhausted, and still had to go to work today, but nothing Red Bull can’t fix. Thanks for an insanely fun time!

15. Posted July 23, 2010 at 1:38 pm | Permalink

Awesome show everyone.

We missed the last 1/2 hour or so (we had to home and relieve the baby-sitter – more proof that nerds have sex), but it was a grand time!

Only bummer of the evening: 4th&B Rent-a-cops confiscated my Leatherman Squirt S4 (the tiny one with the scissors), (but of course missed my 3″ blade Benchmade RSK-mini during the pat-down). It was getting dull anyway, so no-big-deal, but I think the whole problem with the show running long can be pinned down to ridiculous security implementation for a ComiCon crowd!

16. Simalot
    Posted July 25, 2010 at 1:35 pm | Permalink

On the east coast, so still haven’t been able to catch a W00tstock. Wanted to point out that Len Peralta is on this week’s Current Geek discussing the Comic-Con W00tstock with Tom Merritt, who was there in attendance.